SMB delivers comprehensive Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) services enabling our customers to adopt a disciplined approach to managing their assets through life.
Our integrated logistic support (ILS) solutions and supply chain consultancy services enable our customers to manage increasingly complex logistic support packages through life. We have highly experienced ILS professionals and supply chain managers that are developing and implementing support strategies focused on achieving more efficient and effective acquisition and through life support at minimum whole-life cost.
Our services include logistic support analysis, risk management, reliability centred maintenance, configuration management and obsolescence management. SMB has worked in partnership with the Kurdistan Government since 2005, providing integrated logistic support services that ensure operational flexibility and sustainability at minimum cost.
- Transportation & Shipping of Equipment
- Movement & Tracking of Employees and Contractors
- Recruitment of Key Personnel and Existing Personnel
- Hiring of Equipment, Materials & Machinery
- Site Clearance Process for Company Personnel
- Purchasing of Logistics Equipment
- Alcohol Licensing (if applicable)
- Approved Suppliers and Associated
- Order Process
- Administration and Required Approvals
- Approval of Safety and Emergency Procedures
Packaging, handling, storage, and transportation (PHS &T). This element includes resources and procedures to ensure that all equipment and support items are preserved, packaged, packed, marked, handled, transported, and stored properly for short- and long-term requirements. It includes material-handling equipment and packaging, handling and storage requirements, and pre-positioning of material and parts. It also includes preservation and packaging level requirements and storage requirements (for example, sensitive, proprietary, and controlled items). This element includes planning and programming the details associated with movement of the system in its shipping configuration to the ultimate destination via transportation modes and networks available and authorized for use. It further encompasses establishment of critical engineering design parameters and constraints (e.g., width, length, height, component and system rating, and weight) that must be considered during system development. Customs requirements, air shipping requirements, rail shipping requirements, container considerations, special movement precautions, mobility, and transportation asset impact of the shipping mode or the contract shipper must be carefully assessed. PHS&T planning must consider:
- System constraints (such as design specifications, item configuration, and safety precautions for hazardous material)
- Special security requirements
- Geographic and environmental restrictions
- Special handling equipment and procedures
- Impact on spare or repair parts storage requirements
- Emerging PHS & T technologies, methods, or procedures and resource-intensive PHS & T procedures
- Environmental impacts and constraints
The Facilities logistics element is composed of a variety of planning activities, all of which are directed toward ensuring that all required permanent or semi-permanent operating and support facilities (for instance, training, field and depot maintenance, storage, operational, and testing) are available concurrently with system fielding. Planning must be comprehensive and include the need for new construction as well as modifications to existing facilities. It also includes studies to define and establish impacts on life cycle cost, funding requirements, facility locations and improvements, space requirements, environmental impacts, duration or frequency of use, safety and health standards requirements, and security restrictions. Also included are any utility requirements, for both fixed and mobile facilities, with emphasis on limiting requirements of scarce or unique resources.
For further information please contact us.