Health Safety & Environmental Policies
At SMB our firm belief is that an incident and accident free environment is possible, every day, 365 days a year, in all our activities.
We are commited to providing a safe and healthy place of work such that all our employees, contractors and those affected by our activities, remain healthy and free from injury, or incidents with the potential to cause injury, throughout their working life with the Company. In order to achieve this, we recognise that our employees have rights as well as responsibilities in securing an incident and injury free environment.
The Managing Director ensures that SMB management provides the following elements needed to work in an accident and injury free environment and safe and healthy manner and in accordance with all applicable legislation and standards.
- Organisation and resources
- Tools and equipment
- Management systems and procedures
Similarly, each one of us is personnally accountable for our own health and safety as well as the heatlh and safety of our colleagues and those affected by our decisions and our actions. SMB requires all employees and contractors, be they managers, supervisors or members of the workforce, to commit to ensuring that they take all practicable steps to provide an incident and injury free environment.
Before commencing any activity, and throughout the duration of any activity, each one of us must commit to:
- Taking personal responsibility for the health and safety of ourselves and our colleagues at all times.
- Lead by example to motivate those we work with to elimenate the potential for incidents and injury.
- Identifying and actively responding to hazards associated with the working environment.
- Reassessing the hazards and replanning the job should the job change.
- Understanding and complying with management systems, policies and procedures.
- Seeking clarification of unclear instructions, plans and procedures.
- Operating and maintaining hardware and equipment in a healthy and safe condition.
- Stopping the job if we witness unsafe acts or believe we may be at risk of harm.
SMB asks all employees to recommend improvements to this policy and associated systems of work such that our objective of an incident and injury free workplace is assured.
It is SMB's policy to operate its business as a corporate citizen committed to sound environmental management and with concern for the well-being of our common environment. Our goal is to ensure that company facilities and operations are in compliance with governmental, federal, state and local environmental standards. We believe that an appropriate balance can and should be achieved between environmental goals and economic health. We intend to be a leader in responsible environmental management. This requires each SMB employee to participate in and accept responsibility for achieving the following goals:
- Operations are conducted in an environmentally sound manner.
- Safe handling of production materials and by products.
- Conservation and recycling of raw materials and reduction in the amount of waste generated.
The company's commitment to these goals includes the following specific elements:
All SMB facilities and operations will operate in an environmentally responsible manner and in compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
BMB will maintain compliance programs to inform and train employees in the performance of their duty to full fill the company's environmental policies.
Through audits and other means, the company will monitor operations to help assure that practices in our workplaces conform to our policies.
SMB management will make environmental responsiveness and resource conservation an integral part of business management, and will support finding sound solutions to such environmental problems as may arise.
Due to the nature of SMB's business, sensible and responsible environmental management is principally a matter for our local operations. Each SMB facility is expected to manage its activities in a manner that will achieve the goals of this Environmental Policy. Each SMB employee is expected to work toward these goals and is encouraged to advise his or her supervisor promptly of any situation that may be in conflict with this Policy.
For further information please contact us.